Saturday, 30 July 2016

Top 5 Tallest Buildings in Nigeria (2016)

No story; let's get right to it. Below are the top 5 tallest buildings in Nigeria as of 6:36pm, July 30th, 2016. Anything can change afterwards, but right now, these are the top 5 tallest buildings in the whole of Nigeria.

5.  Intercontinental Hotel, Lagos (105 m)
This hotel is the fifth tallest building in Nigeria, and it is located in Victoria Island area of Lagos. It is 105 meters tall. For the record, rooms go for as high as 100,000 thousand Naira a night in the hotel.







4.  Cocoa House, Ibadan- Oyo State (105 m)
This building was actually the tallest building in the whole Nigeria for many years after it was built in 1965. Thanks to the great Obafemi Awolowo and co at the time, who put the gains of Cocoa, Rubber, Timber and other agricultural products to good use. The building is 105 meters tall; that is equivalent of 344 ft. I took the picture of the building myself yesterday. While I looked up at it, I tried to imagine how the people that were in Ibadan at the time it was erected in 1965 felt about its towering height.







3.  Ministry of Communication Building, Lagos (109 m)
This is a 30-story high-rise in Lagos; headquarters of Ministry of Communication in Nigeria. The building is 109 meters tall. I searched high and low but couldn't find the picture of this building on the Internet. I guess I would have to go and take pictures of the place myself when next I am in Lagos.



2.  Union Bank Building, Lagos (124 m)
The building belongs to Union Bank of Nigeria, and it is 124 meters high. It serves as the headquarters of the Bank. That's it below. Look at how it towers over the already monstrous looking First Bank building.






1.  NECOM House, Lagos (160 m)
This building used to make me sad when I was in secondary school. I schooled in Lagos Island, and whenever I saw the building while heading to school, it reminded me I was pretty close to school and it brought back bad memories with senior students. lol! Anyway, this is the tallest building in the whole of Nigeria. It used to be called Nitel Tower back then. It is 160 meters tall, and equivalent of 520 feet.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...